In this one-day beginners-level course, you will be introduced to what Data Science and Analytics can provide for your business. It will enable you to understand all aspects of the development process and provide you with the tools to evaluate proposals and results.
The course is presented in a manner that suits non-technical roles by avoiding complex mathematics and code. But the content is not diluted. You will leave with a thorough comprehension of what data science can do for your business and why you need to take action now to stay competitive.
Who will benefit
This course is aimed towards business roles with a particular focus on business problems and strategy. If you are interested in Data Science, but don’t want to get bogged down with mathematics or too much code, this is the course for you.
This is an introductory course, which is suitible for most users with limited development or data science experience. All examples are explanatory, so there is no requirement to write code, but code is available upon request.
What you will achieve
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss and define a data-science strategy
- Evaluate data science proposals and results
- Understand basic data science algorithms
- Be able to spot systematic errors with an algorithm
- Define business-specific data science problems and suggest solutions
Topics covered in this training
- Business problems and solutions
- Goals of data science
- Types of learning
- Regression, Classification and clustering
- Generalisation and overfitting
- Numerical and visual model evaluation
- Techniques for solving text-based problems
- Business strategy
- An in-depth practical example demonstrating the day’s concepts